“Saudi National Ruled Out as ‘Suspect’ in Boston Marathon Bombings to Be Deported on National Security Grounds Next Week [UPDATED]
This seems like it might be something. Though to people like David Sirota it’d no doubt be kind of a disappointment. Unless the Saudi national was one of them “White Arabs.” Named something like Walid Zimmerman.
Sources tell TheBlaze that the Saudi national is set to be deported on “security and related grounds.” His visa also has been revoked. Below is some of the information that has been communicated to us:
1. One source at the FBI and another at the Saudi Embassy referred to the student as connected to an important Saudi family.
2. An “event” was created on this guy three days ago. An event is a file. The file contains his deportation record and the reason he is being deported. According to ICE the reason is under section 212 3B — “Security and related grounds” – “Terrorist activities”
3. His visa has been revoked.
4. The FBI said a file was started “just in case he was found to be connected to the crime,” however, the file shows he was scheduled to be deported. This was not a precaution, it was in “orders.”
5. One source said they believe a “voluntary” departure has been signed — that means the Saudi Student could be out of the country as early as today.
6. The file was immediately classified. We believe the deportation order will be classified as well — requiring a FOIA to get it.
7. The story was going to be “he wanted to go home,” however he was actually being deported.
8. Our source said the FBI believes the Saudi student is tied to 2 to 3 more people.
9. Our source said this “looks like they were trying to make this a ‘lone wolf’ crime so, the Saudi government would be spared embarrassment and the U.S. would avoid explaining how a terror cell was active when we had AQ on the run.”
In addition, there are whistleblower reports of an unscheduled “walk-by” meeting that took place lase evening the White House.
Interestingly, what’s covered here seems to comport with the sudden shift in interest within law enforcement for a single actor — a “lone wolf.”
Perhaps ObamaCo will be able to find one who made a trailer of for a movie and posted it to youtube. For the consistency.
I’m not ready to jump to any conclsions here, but let me just say that I find this a bit fishy. But then, maybe it’s routine in some governmental security kind of way. More as I learn of it.
update from Beck (h/t Pablo):
UPDATE 10:50am ET: Joel Cheatwood, President & Chief Creative Officer for TheBlaze, told Glenn on the radio show: “Just got a note from one of our investigative reporters that she has been told that there is now discussion that they may not allow this man to be deported.”