“Missouri Dems Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms — Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons”
Missouri Democrats introduced an anti-gun bill which would turn law-abiding firearm owners into criminals. They will have 90 days to turn in their guns if the legislation is passed.
Dana Loesch Radio reported on the new legislation being pushed by Missouri Democrats:
Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution.
Here’s part of the Democratic proposal in Missouri:
4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:
(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;
(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or
(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.
5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.
But remember: the “legitimate media” has been directed by no less than the VP to tell you that it’s a flat out lie – “malarkey,” I believe was the term used — that this Administration is looking to take away your firearms. Which in a sense is true: instead, they are relying on their lackeys in the state governments to take the hit for them by offering up such proposals.
Fortunately, such a blatantly unconstitutional bill is likely to get laughed out of the Republican-controlled MO State Legislature. And one could make the argument that, if anything, such overreach actually makes any kind of feel-good, good-faith, “common-sense” GOP compromise that much more unlikely.
Meaning, the MO Dems are actually doing the citizens of their state a bit of a service by showcasing a radicalism that gives the GOP cover to refuse to take them seriously in the first place.
Whereas here in Colorado (and Minnesota) there’s a chance the Dem-led legislature, despite massive protests, will follow NY’s lead and pass anti-gun legislation that our Governor Hickenlooper — an adept of Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Gun Violence The Second Amendment and Natural Rights — will happily sign into law, though both the Mayor of my town and the county governing board have sided with our Sheriffs, who’ve said they will not enforce any such law regarding gun ownership that they deem unconstitutional or its face.
If that’s the case, I expect the Dems to lose seats in the state legislature, and perhaps we can finally get a conservative governor who will run on a fidelity to the duties of a public official to uphold the Constitution and protect individual liberties — rather than play at despot and social engineer.
Which would be a happy latent outcome.