NY State Assemblyman: Dem’s first bill called for confiscation of “assault weapons” and high cap mags
via Doug Ross.
From Assemblyman McLaughlin’s Facebook page:
Here it is. This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential.
This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o’clock at night:
1. Confiscation of “assault weapons”
2. Confiscation of ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be replaced to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons
Again, look at the list. It has nothing to do with curbing gun violence and everything to do with disarming those they can — by way of government-sanctioned theft of private property — making it difficult to obtain a license going forward, and keeping tabs on those who have guns while limiting their capacity for ammo.
That is, they were out to gut the second amendment and make firearm ownership a whim of the state.
And yet, we hear putative “conservatives” telling us we need to compromise, to manage our message, to show that we’re willing to make “common sense” concessions to the left’s desire to pare down our liberty, if only to appease them temporarily until we can find the next hill not to die on.
We’re broken. And more cowbell ain’t the cure.