Obama’s “National Security Working Group”: Carter & Clinton retreads [Karl]
Matt Yglesias introduces Barack Obama’s “National Security Working Group.”Ã‚Â Imagine them on a giant lazy susan, Dating Game-style:
- Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
- Senator David Boren, former Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Secretary of State Warren Christopher
- Greg Craig, former director of the State Department Office of Policy Planning
- Secretary of the Navy Richard Danzig
- Representative Lee Hamilton, former Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee
- Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder
- Dr. Tony Lake, former National Security Advisor
- Senator Sam Nunn, former Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
- Secretary of Defense William Perry
- Dr. Susan Rice, former Assistant Secretary of State
- Representative Tim Roemer, 9/11 Commissioner
- Jim Steinberg, former Deputy National Security Advisor
Not so Changey.Ã‚Â Even the Obamatons commenting at Yglesias’s blog are disappointed.Ã‚Â It’s not difficult to see why.Ã‚Â Warren Christopher was taken to the cleaners by Iran, Syria and James Baker III.Ã‚Â 9/11 Commissioners Hamilton and Roemer will have fun with the large contingent from The Path to 9/11.Ã‚Â David Boren can explain why his son, Rep. Dan Boren,Ã‚Â isn’t endorsing Obama.Ã‚Â Danzig can book them a conference roomÃ‚Â in the HouseÃ‚Â at Pooh Corner.